Some of us have been talkin’ about having another retro game party. Last year we did not have one! So we’ll have to play twice as hard!
Date: Saturday, May 17th.
Starting at or around Noon at my place and going until you can’t stand the sound of an 80s arcade anymore.
So Here is the Deal: (Generally Speaking)
- Games must have been manufactured/printed in 1998 or older to be played*.
- New Consoles are allowed but should be running retro games.
- 1 Galaga Machine should be running the whole night.
- 1 Donkey Kong Machine should be running the whole night.
- Bring a Console! The more NES the better! The more rare the better!
- If you bring a console you need to bring a Monitor/TV
- If you have a rare console and no TV to bring, let ‘us’ know and one will be provided.
- If you have a TV and no console we’d LOVE you to bring it.
- In addition to the normal basement space, the Garage will be available for setting up games.
- Some beer and booze will be provided. Bring some to share. (Ages 21 and up preferred–unless you know a responsible kid that likes crusty old games)
- We’ll order Pizza around the starting time.
- The more helpers in the morning to get setup the better.
- Bring Friends
- *Defunct Games or Consoles no longer being produced past 1998 are allowed such as: The Sega Dreamcast and games like Chu Chu Rocket. Karaoke Revolution, Guitar Hero, Wii Bowling or any interactive modern games may be played starting at 10:00pm.
Who is in?
(PS: This message was posted on MondayNightGeek as well)
Posted by Madaracs on 04.24.08